Sophia hit the ground running at Friendship Center when, three days after starting, she jumped in with the planning of our annual Wine Down fundraiser. Giving practical application to her creative vision and turning thoughts and dreams into reality is what sparks joy for Sophia, and event-planning is a challenge she thrives on.
Sophia coordinated and planned Friendship Center’s first ever Veteran’s Day event for not just members and their families, but veterans in the community as well. “Hearts & Hugs for Heroes” brought together veterans from every branch of military service, ages 50 – 99 years old.
Sophia is passionate about her work and she’ll approach any challenge analytically and with intention, but in her off hours she brings the same intensity to … being silly! On weekends or after work you might catch Sophia roller skating, dancing with a big smile or at home yielding to the charm of her cat.
Other fun facts about Sophia:
- Her inner child is alive and well, and loves to play!
- She loves trying different ethnic foods.
- Her love language is travel.
- She’s a big fan of direct communication.
- She loves hiking, biking, and pretty much anything outdoors.
- She has a knack for problem solving.
- She enjoys DIY home improvement projects.
- She likes documentaries and clever humor.
- European chocolate is high quality fuel as far as Sophia is concerned