Friendship Center’s unique program for elder and dependent adults works because staff and volunteers make the Center a friendly place to be. Our volunteers are VITAL to every area of our program. We welcome volunteers of all ages to:
• Assist staff with Greet, Meet & Eat (breakfast/social time) in the mornings
• Help with food preparation and kitchen clean-up at lunch
• Lead or help in directing activities such as painting, crafts, music, etc.
• Be a Buddy: Spend social time with members, talking, playing a game, doing a puzzle, etc.
• Bake for our monthly birthday celebrations
• Organize and lead gardening activities
• Organize scrapbooks of Friendship Center history
• Be on-call for special events, mailings, or when we just need an extra hand
We would love you to play for us, at either Center. Our members enjoy all kinds of music and are a very appreciative audience—it’s a great place to practice new material. Morning, noon, or afternoon, we welcome your talents. Dance troupes too! Other ideas? We are always open to suggestions.
Friendship Foodie Fleet
For more information about volunteering
At Friendship Center Montecito, contact Rachel, Program Manager, at (805) 969-0859.